Monday, July 24, 2017

Its the Most Wonderful l Time of the YEAR!

That's right everyone my kids are already heading back to school tomorrow!!
Image result for Back to School

My kids are in a modified school year which means they are already headed back to school tomorrow.  I will have one at home until the end of August than the last will be gone 3 hours 3 days a week at preschool. The same preschool that taught all of my kids to read, write and love school before they all turned 5 years old.

Am I excited? HECK YES!!  This is a family friendly site swearing is only in the books we read.
Image result for Back to School Books
This series of books are so cute
I am not completely free of kids just yet and yes I am counting down to next school year.  My oldest is worried what will happen when they are all in school. I promised him I have enough to do keep me busy most days and when I am not busy well. The world is my mind to conquer.
Image result for Conquer the world
Next year I might go back to school and finally get my degree that I am a few credits shy of having. To bad I will have to start all over again but hey this time I bet my grades will be better than C's.
I want to go back to school and get my degree but this time for me. Not to prove to anyone that I am smart or that my Learning Disabilities which there are a lot of them prevent my from learning.  I am going back to school for me.  I was told my whole life I would never be able to read above the 3rd grade level. Sorry to all the authors out there but I guess your books are easy enough for a 3rd graders mind.

I asked by my college adviser  how the Heck did I get into college with my ACT score and ok grades?
I wanted to tell him because grades and test do not show anyone what I know.
Instead I left is office questioning why I was trying to prove to the world I was smart if all they saw was grades and test.
Image result for Learning Disabilities
Talking to my sons 5th grade teacher as we talked about my son she looked at me and said "You understand you are twice gifted right? I have never met a mom with so much knowledge and the amazing ability to understand her child's needs like you. You make me feel like to don't know anything as a teacher.  You are not dumb but twice gifted. Just like your son.  You were given a label that was unjust.  You and your son can't take test which means to the education world you have learning disabilities. I hope you take all those negative thoughts in your head and use them to get your degree because they world needs you or at least more moms like you."

I was overwhelmed by her comments and realized maybe I wasn't as dumb as I had accepted I was because of the standards the world had put on my tiny 6 year old shoulders and once again 14 year old shoulders and again at 20 years old.
Image result for Learning Disabilities
These might be disabilities to you but they are my super powers
Can you read, write upside down? Can you write forward, backwards and upside down? Do you know how amazing you are when you can learn in ways no one else can?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.