Monday, December 26, 2016

Last Motherhood Monday of 2016 Day after Christmas

There is a song called  "I cried the day I take the Tree down."
I hate to say this but I am one of those people.  I love the lights, the spirit of kindness, the out pouring of service that happens the first half of December.

As New Years comes closer and Christmas ends the spirit goes out the door.  Life's day to day struggles arrive and life is back to the normal.

I don't want that feeling to go away. I want it to stay forever. The question is How?
How can I keep the feeling of love, service and charity in my heart and in my family all year around?

I keep pieces of the Christmas season in my house.  The lights come down, the tree is cut up and sent away and the ornaments are boxed up but I leave the a small manger scene sitting on the bookcase my kids pass everything single day.  They might see it and remember what the meaning of Christmas is about or remember the life of Christ and all the service he did for those around him. No asking for anything in return.  They might not see it at all as it slowly gets covered in dust.
Image result for I cried the day the day I take the tree


That small item that sits there reminds me of the love I feel in the month of December and what I want to carry with me all year around.

I thought I'd seen all the lights
And sung all the songs
I thought the holiday
Lasted a bit too long
I never shed any tears
When Christmas was through
Until I celebrated one with you

And now
I cry the day
that I take the tree down
I want the season
To last all year round
And I'm surrounded by
these memories
It's almost like you're here
with me


It's strange how things all change
When touched by love
We treasure things
we never thought much of


I cry the day
that I take the tree down
I want the season
To last all year round
And I'm dreaming of
Christmases when
We'll be together again


It's strange how things all change
When touched by love
We treasure things
we never thought much of

I cry the day
that I take the tree down
I want the season
To last all year round
And I'm dreaming of Christmases
When we'll be together
Again

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.