Saturday, December 24, 2016

I miss you Mom Wimmer. One day We will see each other again.

I can honestly say I have never experienced great loss until my mother in law passed away from lung cancer several years ago.  
I had lost a grandfather but I didn't know him well.  I lost several close friends but we had grown apart over the years so when I read the news I was sad.  When my mother in law passed away the loss I felt i couldn't put into words.  I felt I needed to be strong for my husband and tucked those feelings deep down but soon I realized it made the loss so much worse.
As time has passed things will happen and I will wish she was there to meet my littlest and enjoy his crazy humor. She loved being a grandmother!  She truly loved being Grandma.








Christmas was her holiday. She decorated with so much love and every ounce of space was covered in something Christmas themed. I am the proud owner of 4 different Nativity. 
Peruvian Nativity Set. One set 9 pieces.
My mother in law pulled it out for the first time in 20 years my first Christmas as a daughter in law and I broke the donkey.
Sunday we took the kids to put a Christmas tree at mom's grave. We sang at the top of our lungs Jingle Bells. My heartaches to hear her laugh again, making gingerbread house together as we tried to keep the kids from eating all the candy and the way she would dance with my little ones until they fell sleep listening to Christmas music.
New Years Disneyland holding her snuggle bunnie
We had disagreements, she reminded me how my kids all looked like Wimmers which would drove me crazy. (FYI She is right Roxie looks just like her Not to mention my two boys who are min versions of their dad)
She taught me how to make homemade marshmallows, to laugh when I wanted to cry, and that we will one day see each other again. The greatest gift I have been given is the Plan of Salvation and Gods love for my family. When I look around my house I see small touches of her spirit in my home and around my kids.
When I married my husband I look my mom's advice which was "Love your Mother In Law as if she is your mother." I took that advice to heart and I will pass that wonderful advice my mom gave me to my children.

Miss you Mom Wimmer. Merry Christmas!! Temple Lights here we come!


Mesa LDS Temple Lights

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.