Saturday, November 21, 2015

Writing a book on Parenting

I have been asked many times why I haven't tried writing a book on parenting or at least my experiences as a mother.
I would love to write a book on motherhood but I think I need to make it to the teen years for it to work.  Yes I have great stories about tines and all the crazy things that happen in my house which leaves me scratching my head a lot.
I love that my kids can be team players like the one time I came into the kitchen to find a chair next to the counter with a box on top of the counter and my 4 year old handing 6 year old fruit snacks which than tossing a pack to her 9 year old brother who was sitting on said chair opening it for the 1 year old who raced past me with a smile. How do you get angry I mean after all they were working together and no one was fighting.
During the summer months which thankful only last 7 weeks No one is allowed to fight until Noon than they can fight away but before than everyone will be sent to their rooms until noon. You would be surprised how well that works when you bribe them with swimming at their grandfathers house later that day.
No to mention those times you forget to lock the bedroom doors, hiding in the bathroom, missing children who are the best and worst at hide and go seek.  Maybe one day when I look back and write those stories about being a tried mom who loves her children but sometimes just didn't like them.
Dinner time with "Gross Pizza!" or "Oh yea HOT WINGS!"
Being a stay at home mom is a blessing and a curse all rolled into one amazing package I wouldn't change for all the money in the world. Well maybe a few extra dollars to busy those five inch black heels I have been drooling over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.