Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Movie Review: The Martian

The Martian film poster.jpg 
Stars: 5 out of 5
This weekend my husband and I went to see The Martian staring Matt Damon and I can't tell you how much I loved this film. 
The Martian is a screen adaption of the book with the same title by Andy Weir.  When the Ares III manned mission to mars is hit by an intense storm everyone is sent back to the ship. However Mark Watney goes missing and is presumed dead. When Mark wakes up to find himself alone he realize he has two choices to give up and die or survive until a rescue mission can be sent.
Matt Damon give an amazing performance where he is able to keep the audience laughing while he is trying to figure out way to survive on a plant that nothing grows on. I found myself laughing and finding a deeper meaning to this movie then I realized.
 I hope this film helps revitalize the American space program and that space travel will once again become important. 
Please so see this film it is worth ever penny.
Since watching this film I plan to read The Martian the book. 

1 comment:

  1. Good review. A great movie that shows what people can do with sci-fi blockbusters.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.