Monday, June 1, 2015

Book Review - No Woman Left Behind - Julie Moffett - New Release !!!

25022086
Title: No Woman Left Behind

Author: Julie Moffett

Stars 5 out of 5

ReviewI know I have said this before- I love the Lexis Carmichael series. The author Julie Moffett again hits it out of the ball park with this laugh out loud moments from Meet the parents to her jumping out of a plane. I couldn’t stop laughing and cheering Lexis on. Julie Moffett created a character women can relate to whether it’s meeting the parents with a new boyfriend or doing anything for a friend or dealing with the unknown she forges ahead trying hard to do whatever is right.

Julie Moffett keep Lexis growing as a person throughout the series taking on new challenges that keep readers hooked from first to last sentence. The book flows so well never once slowing down or losing the pace having readers hooked line and sinker. You will fall in love with a new set of characters Julie Moffett introduces and I can only hope they will be in another book in the future. I thought No Place like Rome was funny but this book had me laughing so hard I cried as Lexis single handily brought a Navy Seal to his knees. I will be honest, I bit my nails as Slash left Lexis when her choice was to save her friend instead of listening to Slash and I laughed again when Lexis gave relationship advice so her new found friends.  This is a perfect addition to the Lexis Carmichael series if you loved the adventure- No Place Like Rome - you will love No Woman Laughed Behind. I can honestly say this is my favorite in the series so far.

Advance review from netgalley

Thanks Heidi for this review –

SynopsisMy mother's life goal has been to see me, geek extraordinaire Lexi Carmichael, happily married. So bringing my first boyfriend, Slash, home for dinner has me hyperventilating. Things get a lot worse when bullets start flying over our corn chowder.

Now the entire alphabet soup of government agencies want my help finding the man behind the attack—Johannes Broodryk, a cyber mercenary I foiled on my last case. He wants revenge and he’s taken something of mine to ensure I’ll play, so it’s game on. But the government has its own agenda, and Slash is not on board with the plan. Things are a bit bumpy in paradise.

Although I'm more comfortable with computer code than commandos, I've been assigned a team of navy SEALs to help bring Broodryk down. The question is, will they survive me long enough to solve his cryptic puzzles and save the day?

Kindle Edition
Expected publication: June 1st 2015 by Carina Press

Author InformationI have always been a romantic at heart. So when I finally decided to pursue my dream of writing a novel, naturally, it was a romance. I have published several novels in many genres – historicals, time-travels and paranormals.
I’m a military brat (Air Force) and have traveled extensively. My more exciting exploits include attending high school in Okinawa, Japan (Go, Kubasaki!), backpacking around Europe and Scandanavia for several months, a year-long college study in Warsaw, Poland and a wonderful trip to Scotland and Ireland where I fell in love with castle, kilts and brogues.

I have a B.A. in Political Science and Russian Language from Colorado College and a M.A. in International Affairs from George Washington University in Washington, D.C. I worked as a correspondent for the international radio station, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty in Washington, D.C. writing hundreds of articles and producing numerous radio programs for eleven years before "retiring" to be a stay-at-home mom and full-time writer in 1999.

I speak Russian and Polish (I married a Pole in 1991!) and love reading foreign literature (especially Slavic). I had a beautiful baby boy named Alexander in 1995. I never knew what joy a child could bring to my life.

If you would like to receive occasional e-mails from me announcing my new releases, please let me know. I also have a newsletter and bookmarks available via snail mail. If you send a legal-sized SASE to the address below, I’ll be happy to put them in the mail for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.