Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Book Review - Lion Heart - A. C Gaughen - Released May 15th

16181625

Title: Lion Heart (Scarlet #3)

Author: A.C. Gaughen

Stars: 5 out of 5

Review:
I have never been so excited to read the end of a series in my entire life.  I mean I didn't want to say goodbye to Scarlet and Robin Hood but all good things must come to an end and I think A.C. Gaughen did a wonderful job saying good bye.

We pick up right where the last book left off give or take a few months Scarlet is in prison trying to get free. We are introduced to several new characters each one building the story A.C. Gaughen started with Scarlett. As always the author stayed true to her characters with one exception I wished some how John was in this book. Scarlet struggles with her identity but when she finally accepts who she really is and what power she hold the whole book heads into a wonderful direction causing the reader to want to learn more about this time in history to find the truth from the stories.

This book shows so much growth in A.C. Gaughen writing style and I look forward to seeing what else she plans to write. The first book in the series had moment where I wasn't sure it was well written but more a writing assignment but as I have read the other two she had grown in her writing ability.

When the book ends you can tell A.C. Gaughen wanted to keep the story going because the end doesn't feel like an end but a pause in the story.  I wanted to ask What happened to King Richard? The author fills in the historical details which was fun but I really wanted more I wanted to get to know Scarlet and how she would be with her father. Even if it is just fiction I would have enjoyed reading that interaction.

This book dives more into the history of England which I enjoyed since I am a history nut. 

This book completes the trilogy that I didn't want to end. I will miss Scarlet, Robin Hood, and Much!

I was given an advance copy though Netgalley. 

Thanks to Heidi for this review.

Synopsis:  The eagerly-awaited conclusion to the Scarlet trilogy delivers another action-packed and romance-filled adventure.

Scarlet has captured the hearts of readers as well as the heart of Robin Hood, and after ceaseless obstacles and countless threats, readers will finally find out the fate of the Lady Thief.

Imprisoned by Prince John for months, Scarlet finds herself a long way from Nottinghamshire. After a daring escape from the Prince's clutches, she learns that King Richard’s life is in jeopardy, and Eleanor of Aquitaine demands a service Scarlet can’t refuse: spy for her and help bring Richard home safe. But fate—and her heart—won’t allow her to stay away from Nottinghamshire for long, and together, Scarlet and Rob must stop Prince John from going through with his dark plans for England. They can not rest until he’s stopped, but will their love be enough to save them once and for all? 

Hardcover, 348 pages

Expected publication: May 19th 2015 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens
A.C. Gaughen
Author Information:  I am shamelessly addicted to staying up far too late (it feels like stealing time), diet coke (it burns so good), Scotland (stupid country stole my heart and won't give it back. Interpol has been ineffective for prosecution) and thieves (so I guess I'm not that mad at Scotland). 

Want to know more? Just ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.