Friday, December 5, 2014

Book Review - No Test For the Wicked - Julie Moffett

22738140
Title:  No Test For the Wicked

AuthorJulie Moffett

Review:  I met Lexi when I read No one Lives Twice and fell in love with the geek girl who couldn’t seem to figure out how to be social but she knows her computers. The most recent book No test For the Wicked Follows Lexi to the one place most geeks never want to see again High School.

Lexi is hired by a private high school to figure out who is messing with the schools computer programs but what started off as a simple tasked turned into international terrorism and only Lexi and a handful of high schoolers are the difference between life and death. I can’t wait to see if our terrorist will make other appearances in the Lexi Carmichael Mysteries because he is interesting and that is all I am going to say.

Lexi grows so much in the book and the reader will feel her growing pains but those pains also make for some laugh-out-loud moments with her best friend Elvis and lack of clothes. I promise you will laugh so hard tears will be rolling down your face.

The book covers bullying once again but this time it was done in the setting of high school making the story strong and believable. Lexi tries hard to fit in but when also can’t step aside watching someone get hurt without stopping it. That is why I think Lexi an amazing female protagonist that girls can look up too.

The author Julie Moffett keeps the story and relationships advancing forward wondering where Slash and Lexi will end up later down the road. No Test for the Wicked kind of reintroduced Elvis to the reader and you watch as he will do anything for his best friend Lexi.
Another win for Author Julie Moffett and Lexi readers all over the world.

ARC from Netgalley.

I'm not a huge fan of the new cover art.

Thank Heidi
Published:  Expected publication: December 1st 2014 by Carina Press
Page Count: ebook
Quick Review: 5 out of 5 stars
Why I Read this Title:  Sent for an honest review

Synopsis:   A Geek's Worst Nightmare: Going Back to High School

Returning to high school is not something I ever wanted to do over—it was awful the first time around. So why do I have to go back as part of a new undercover assignment? Because the universe loves playing jokes on me, obviously.

I've been ordered to go all 21 Jump Street and track down the students who are breaking into the computer system, changing grades, and causing all kinds of havoc. Although I'm not thrilled about my new gig, at least it gives me something to do other than worry over the fact that I now have a boyfriend. And no freaking idea what to get him for Christmas.

Or it did give me something else to worry about, until I stumbled across a more sinister threat. I was shocked to find distinct traces of a group of international hackers inside the network. Why would dangerous cyber mercenaries be interested in a high school in the middle of Washington, D.C.? What exactly have I gotten myself into?

Don't miss Lexi's first case in No One Lives Twice!
Julie Moffett 
Author Information:  I have always been a romantic at heart. So when I finally decided to pursue my dream of writing a novel, naturally, it was a romance. I have published several novels in many genres – historicals, time-travels and paranormals.
I’m a military brat (Air Force) and have traveled extensively. My more exciting exploits include attending high school in Okinawa, Japan (Go, Kubasaki!), backpacking around Europe and Scandanavia for several months, a year-long college study in Warsaw, Poland and a wonderful trip to Scotland and Ireland where I fell in love with castle, kilts and brogues.

I have a B.A. in Political Science and Russian Language from Colorado College and a M.A. in International Affairs from George Washington University in Washington, D.C. I worked as a correspondent for the international radio station, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty in Washington, D.C. writing hundreds of articles and producing numerous radio programs for eleven years before "retiring" to be a stay-at-home mom and full-time writer in 1999.

I speak Russian and Polish (I married a Pole in 1991!) and love reading foreign literature (especially Slavic). I had a beautiful baby boy named Alexander in 1995. I never knew what joy a child could bring to my life.

If you would like to receive occasional e-mails from me announcing my new releases, please let me know. I also have a newsletter and bookmarks available via snail mail. If you send a legal-sized SASE to the address below, I’ll be happy to put them in the mail for you.

Other Review:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.