Friday, November 14, 2014

Book Review - The Skeleton Song - Angela Kulig

16131985

Title:  The Skeleton Song (The Hollows Series Book)

Author:  Angela King

Review:   Drowning might not be the way most adventures start, but it is the only way at Skeleton Lake. When Death is your only companion, darkness is always on the horizon.

In the prequel to SKELETON LAKE, Cassie chooses the wrong brother. That leads to a series of events that take all of her choices away. For in a world of beautiful bones and false flesh, sometimes life after death is a killer.

I took the premise from Amazon because I wasn't sure how I would describe the book.

I am not sure what to say. The book is very haunting and stayed with me well after I turned my Kindle off.  The writing style of the author is almost poetic and very lyrical creating a world that will haunt you. As a prequel it was interesting enough to pull me to read the next in the series but at the same time it was almost somewhat depressing to find three souls pulled apart unable to find peace.  I would get confused because I wasn't sure what Cassie looked like because I knew she was suppose to be a Skeleton but she also had skin to cover her bones. The author created such an amazing character with Cassie that you felt overwhelmed and confused when she was overwhelmed and confused. I have to admit she dived in the teen psychology and depression that will make you heart hurt for the three characters. 
I have lots of questions but I am assuming they will be answered in the next book.

I have to admit I love the fact that Angela Kulig found an unexplored area of the YA paranormal genre.

Mentioned on twitter and found it on Kindle Unlimited.

Thanks to Heidi for this review

Published:  Published November 5th 2012
Page Count: 91
Quick Review: 5 out of 5 stars
Why I Read this Title:  Amazon Unlimited from a mention on Twitter

Synopsis:   Drowning might not be the way most adventures start, but it is the only way at Skeleton Lake. When Death is your only companion, darkness is always on the horizon.

In the prequel to SKELETON LAKE, Cassie chooses
the wrong brother. That leads to a series of events that take all of her choices away. For in a world of beautiful bones and false flesh, sometimes life after death is killer.
 Angela Kulig
Author Information:  Angela Kulig is an American gypsy, and former pirate. She has been from sea to shining sea--and though she is currently trapped in the desert against her will, she escapes everyday in the form of many books.


Other Reviews:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.