Monday, November 3, 2014

Book Review - The Dream Ten Series - Where is Tony? A D Erving





Author:  A D Erving

Review:  Well after reading this book I guess I would give it 3 stars, I think that the target audience is middle school age and maybe they would enjoy it more, but the start of the book did tell me I would meet the devil or something along that lines and I didn't really feel that happened.  I liked the story and I do hate corruption, but this was not the devil – I believe there are much worse things out there then the antagonist in this book.

I  can see that a middle school child may feel that this is pretty evil what the guy did to this team and to his family.  He will never see his family again until he can afford to fly to them or some home bring them back, that is pretty bad for a young pre-teen.  I guess I am too old to think that that is the only evil out there bad enough to be referred to as the devil. 

If you like basketball and hate corruption and you or your child is middle school/early high school age then this would be a good story for you to read and think about.

Thanks go to Gunnar for this review.

This is free on Kindle Unlimited.

Page Count: 121
Quick Review: 3 1/2 out of 5 stars
Why I Read this Title:  Sent for an honest review
Age: 7-13 years of age-

Synopsis:   The second must read book in the Dream Ten book series, for every Basketball lover in the age of 7-14!
Six months after the events that took place in first book, the Dream Ten have made it to the semi-finals of the Lower-NYC All-Star League Winter Classic, after a brilliant game against The Cobras.

Tony plays a great game and is being invited to play for The New York Panthers, one of the best teams in the region, but to everyone’s surprise he doesn't show up for the first practice.

When he misses a Dream Ten practice and doesn’t answer the phone, the other players understand that this is not a coincidence and something is wrong. The gang decides to put off the semi-final practice before their crucial game against their worst rival, The Warriors, and starts their adventure in the streets of New York to seek the answer...

This is the second book in the heartfelt 12-book series, that offers abundant fun and excitement, accompanied by important lessons about overcoming obstacles, achieving goals, and pulling together when it matters most.

A slam dunk for young sports fans everywhere! 

Other Review:


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.