Monday, August 4, 2014

Book Review - Turn on a Dime - Kade's Turn - Tiffany Snow

19143663 
Title:  Turn on a Dime - Kade's Turn (Kathleen Turner #4.5)

AuthorTiffany Snow

Review:  I found the Kathleen Turner series over a year ago while pregnant and not getting any sleep.

The series follows Kathleen, Blane and Kade as they try to figure out their lives, career and the love triangle. I personally am not a huge fan of love triangles in fact I really hate them because in the end half of your readers are going to hate who their girl picks- it is just the way life is.

This series will hook you from page one with a feisty Kathleen and wealth playboy Blane and you follow their adventures while wondering who Kade is.  This book gives you a peak into Kade and the love he felt for Kathleen and why he felt so unworthy of her.  This book is a wonderful addition to the Kathleen Turner series and throughout the book your heart will turn more warmly to Kade as he struggles with his personal demons, the love for his bothers girlfriend and what he wants out of life.

The more I read the book the more I wanted it to go on forever and didn’t want it to end.  Turn on a Dime follows with book two in the series which happens to be my favorite of the entire series because we find Kathleen less as the damsel in distress and more take charge of her life.  This book is Kade’s Point of view of those events and I dare any reader not to root for Kade to win the girl when you finish this book and the series.

Tiffany Snow creates a world where you enter and never want to leave. Her characters are so life like that you wonder if the author was writing a personal story or someone elses story.  I was pulled into the story unable to look away for a second until the story ended and even after it ended I wanted it to keep going and I swear she could create an entire series of just Blane and Kades point of views.

This book has a lot of language and a sex scene that I really didn’t feel was necessary. I feel she could have still told her story without the scene in the book but then again that is my personal feelings.
Netgralley sent the book and I only found one spelling error that I assume will be fixed before the book it’s the market.

Thanks Heidi

Published:  Expected publication: August 25th 2014
ISBN:  B00KSOF7EC
Page Count: Kindle
Quick Review:  4 out 5 stars –
Why I Read this Title:  Sent by the publisher

Synopsis:   It only takes a second, a fraction of a second, to forever change your life. That moment happened to me years ago. I did something you can’t take back, and I’d do it again. It’s a secret I’ll take to my grave—which is probably sooner rather than later—and that’s okay. I live with my choices.

Three things I’ve learned—bad things happen to good people, life isn’t fair, and the bad guy doesn’t get the girl. And I’m most definitely the bad guy.

I’ve always made my own decisions. I’ve never apologized for them, and I never will. Regret is an emotion I’ve never had to face.

Until now. Until her.

She once told me that what I did, killing people for a living, wasn’t good for my soul. I told her I was beyond saving. The truth is that I’m not worth saving. Not anymore.

But when I look in her eyes, I wish I was the man she deserves, the man she loves.

My brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TURN ON A DIME – KADE’S TURN is a companion novel to book two of The Kathleen Turner Series: TURN TO ME and is not meant to be read as a standalone novel. It is strongly recommended to read TURN TO ME prior to KADE’S TURN.
TiffanySnow 
Author Information:   Tiffany attended the University of Missouri – Columbia, attaining two degrees in History and Social Studies Education. After working many years as an instructor and consultant in the Information Technology field, Tiffany now writes full-time.

Tiffany loves to read and has been reading romance novels since she was way too young to read such things. She has an unhealthy obsession for all things Doctor Who, prefers Pepsi to Coke and Absolut to both, thinks men who drink girly cocktails are wusses, has learned to never stop believing in her beloved St. Louis Cardinals, and can recite the entire scripts of When Harry Met Sally and Apollo 13. George Washington is cool, Bon Jovi still rocks the house, and Bruce Willis is the ultimate alpha-male hero.

Married with two wonderful daughters, Tiffany and her family make their home in Kansas City, Missouri, not far from where she was born and raised in St. Louis, Missouri.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.