Monday, May 5, 2014

Monday Musing - Summer is Coming - YEAH!!!!!

As spring is approaching I am trying to enjoy every sunny afternoon I can – On my recent trip to New Orleans I laid in the sun in the French Quarter one afternoon waiting for some friends soaking up the sun I knew was still a month away at home.  Finally we had a good day here, Monday we had clear skies and sun with temps in the mid 60’s so I took my youngest and a good friend of his along with the dogs on a walk to the park – we played at the park – I laid in the sun with the dogs as they climbed up the equipment there and then we took the dogs to the dog park across the road and let them run after each other for a bit.  We then returned to the park and ran around chasing each other – laughing and falling on the ground as they jumped on us and pulled on their leashes.  We ended up lying on the sledding hill looking up at the sky as the afternoon drifted into evening – what a wonderful day – what a beautiful memory and one I will repeat many times this summer.


I love to read and plan to take every opportunity this summer to read outside and enjoy the heat and sun since winter this year was long, dreary and horribly cold.  I will complain about the heat and the humidity, but as I do I will remind myself of the weeks of darkness and temperatures below 0 for month after month – oh no I plan on enjoying the hot days and sweating to my heart’s content sitting under a tree reading a good steamy romance or two…maybe five- why not it is summertime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.