Monday, March 19, 2012

Book Review - Abby Finds Her Calling - Naomi King

Abby Finds Her Calling: Home at Cedar Creek, Book One
Title:  Abby Finds Her Calling: Home at Cedar Creek Book 1

Author: Naomi King

Review:   This is a sweet tale of a family looking forward to a wedding only to find out that the bride has other plans and commitments.  This is the first in a series and I look forward to the next book.  I really need to know if everyone who seems to be falling in love in this book really does.  The tension may kill me…maybe not….maybe so.

Back to the review.  The writing is well done and the book has a great pace.  It didn’t take long to read and I loved most of the characters even the rough around the edges type.  Abby is a sweet women who is only interested in helping others even those that to others seem not to deserve it.  The story is interesting and like I said I look forward to the next installment. 

If you enjoy Amish books and especially romances then I think you will really enjoy this book.  It is not overly religious and I enjoyed the journey.


Publisher: Published February 28th 2012 by NewAmerican Library

ISBN: 9780451235732

Copyright: 2012

Pages: 320

Quick Review: 4 stars (out of 5)

Why I Read It:  Sent by the author for review.

Synopsis: The Lambright family's eldest daughter, Abby, runs her own sewing shop. There, she mends the town's clothes and their torn relationships. But the town maiden has sworn off any suitors of her own because of her unrequited love for James Graber, who is about to marry her younger sister, Zanna.
 Charlotte Hubbard
Author Biography: Many moons ago—like 1983 while I was still a school librarian—I sold my first story to True Story. This launched me into writing about seventy of those “true confessions” stories over the years, and I’ve been a slave to my overactive imagination ever since.

The next big step was selling my first historical romance in 1990, a Zebra Heartfire called COLORADO CAPTIVE. Then came GAMBLER’S TEMPTING KISSES, COLORADO MOONFIRE, MISSOURI MAGIC, SAHARA SPLENDOR, and OUTLAW MOON. They’re all out of print now, but available from used book stores or on Amazon.com.

After a long dry spell that entailed major changes in the publishing industry and an agent who fritzed out on cocaine, I resurfaced in a new genre, with a new publisher, editor, and agent who were so excited about my Angels of Mercy books! And now, with the first book of my series, The Love Secret, I move into new territory once again—and once again the setting is a place I love to spend time: the Oregon Coast.

Other Reviews:

Like our review on Amazon...thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.