Thursday, July 14, 2011

Book Review - I Am Number Four - Pittacus Lore


Title:  I Am Number Four

Author:  Pittacus Lore

Review:  I bought this to read to the kids and it took us a bit to get through it with all the activities and time we spend away from home.  I finally let two of them read it on their own and finished it with the youngest myself.

We enjoyed the book and thought it was good, my 9 year old especially liked the fighting and the training parts.  He loved what Bernie Kosar was and still talks about that part.  I liked the story, but the language could have been cleaned up a bit for younger readers. 

I look forward to reading more of the Lorien Legacies.  I did not care for the movie and neither did any of the kids.  Why change some of the things they changed, it made no sense.  I cried at the end, but I also laughed and rejoiced.  This is not a bad read. 

Publisher:  Published August 3rd 2010 by HarperCollins

ISBN: 0061969559

Copyright: 2010

Pages: 440

Quick Review: 4 stars (out of 5)

Why I Read It:  We saw the movie advertisement and decided to read the book first.

Where I Obtained the Book:  I bought it at Amazon.

Synopsis:  In the beginning they were a group of nine. Nine aliens who left their home planet of Lorien when it fell under attack by the evil Mogadorian. Nine aliens who scattered on Earth. Nine aliens who look like ordinary teenagers living ordinary lives, but who have extraordinary, paranormal skills. Nine aliens who might be sitting next to you now.

The Nine had to separate and go into hiding. The Mogadorian caught Number One in Malaysia, Number Two in England, and Number Three in Kenya. All of them were killed. John Smith, of Paradise, Ohio, is Number Four. He knows that he is next.

I Am Number Four is the thrilling launch of a series about an exceptional group of teens as they struggle to outrun their past, discover their future—and live a normal life on Earth.

I AM NUMBER FOUR.
I AM NEXT.

Author Biography:  Pittacus Lore is the pseudonym for James Frey (author of "A Million Little Pieces") and Jobie Hughes.

Other Reviews:



1 comment:

  1. This book is just great! Pittacus Lore has written a master piece! You can feel the emotion coming from John Smith towards everything happening in the small town of Paradise, Ohio and everywhere else that the Lorien Garde and Mogadorians are involved in the universe. His adventures within the book and the details around them make you feel like you were actually there. Pittacus Lore just hit the jackpot of perfect writing with the book I Am Number Four.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.