Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday Musing





“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.”   Dr. Seuss


I can tell you that this is true, the more I read the more I know.  Now I am waiting for the places I'll go, but then again we did go to Iceland two years ago and started to read Scandinavian mysteries before going.  I've enjoyed the ones I've read and I know David would agree.  Different lives and different places.


 “If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed.”  Lily Tomlin.


True again, how many hours do we waste in-front of the TV when I great books is just waiting for us to open it.


The more I read, the better I get at it, the faster I can read and the better my understanding of the text.  It is like any other thing you practice in life, the more you do it the better you get at it.  It makes me sad when people say they don't read.  They are missing out on so much and they don't even know it.


"Reading is a discount ticket to everywhere."  Mary Schmich.  Anywhere in time, space and the world.  Many places you can only find in the authors imagination and in yours, the two mixing seemlessly.


  “In a very real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read.”  S.I. Hayakawa.


So what do you think?





1 comment:

  1. I consider myself "well viewed." :)
    I love to read though and yes, when people say they don't read it makes me sad too. I want to show them how life changing a good book can be. I can also see that if you aren't practiced in reading how challenging it could be. If it is slow going and you aren't into the book, then of course you wouldn't want to finish it.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.